Bulgarian Journeys

Thursday, October 05, 2006

Just back from another revitalising visit to Veliko Tarnovo. I never tire of the old town, the views over the gorge, the marvellous food and the enthusiasm for life everyone there seems to show.

It's all change with the new impetus to join the EU -- a move that is faced with dread by many of the British ex-pats who had hoped to escape rising prices and bureaucracy by moving to Bulgaria.

However, many Bulgarians see their acceptance as something to be proud of. Many others are hoping it will reward their entrepreneurial spirit. There are now over 70 estate agents in Veliko Tarnovo alone. Thousands of properties are flooding the market.

Glad I'm not selling. I'm really happy with our little house. It's my fairy tale house in the woods and it's looking lovely thanks to all the work Bulgarian friends have done in my absence.

Can't wait for the Spring to get back there. I'm not a snow bunny, prefer following primrose paths.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home